Catholic Jews

On the identity of Jews who have found Yeshua. Dialog between Messianic Jews and Catholic Jews. What unites us and what divides us? How can we work towards unity?

Moderator: Moderators

Yarden Zelivansky
Antispam: Eve
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 2

Catholic Jews

Post by Yarden Zelivansky »

i was a Jew,but have converted to Catholicism.
I don't really view myself as a Jew,but as an Israeli-Hungarian.
Do i need to keep the Torah?
Ariel
Site Admin
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Re: Catholic Jews

Post by Ariel »

That is not for us (Catholics for Israel) to decide. We tend to think that Torah observance is a good thing, and we view favorably those Catholic Jews who wish to keep the commandments. Some view Torah observance as essential, while others see it as unnecessary, useless or even wrong. We think that this is something that needs to be decided among believing Jews. See other posts on this forum and our section 'Torah and Gospel' on the website for more points of view.
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis
K.jerome
Antispam: Eve
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 2

Post by K.jerome »

Hello,

The first part of the Old testament (Bible) covers most part of the Torah and after accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, it is advisable not to mix up two things as a good part of Torah is already incorporated in the Holy Bible. I am replying to your message after a long period because I feel this very important forum is by and large very inactive and I also feel Catholics across the world should be alive and kicking like our protestant friends when it comes to issues concerning Israel.

(K.Jerome)
Ariel
Site Admin
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Post by Ariel »

hi K.Jerome,

you are right, we applaud you in your initiative to recruit and foster more interest among Catholics for the issues concerning Israel. Our forum is here at your disposal...

Ariel
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis