A comment on an excellent article of yours

Introduce yourself, let us know who you are, and post any general questions or comments.

Moderator: Moderators

justin821
Antispam: Eve
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 2

A comment on an excellent article of yours

Post by justin821 »

Hey everyone! Shalom haMashiach!!! My name is Justin and I absolutely love this site!!! I would like to post my original comment on the article "Catholic Jews and the Jewish Law - Part III: St. Paul on Jewish Law and Catholic Jews":

Hey!!! cool blog on whether or not Catholic Jews are required to still keep the Law or not. I agree with you on many things. But I do find substantial problems with some of your ideas. It may be that I read too fast, or it might warrant a second and closer reading, but I'll present these findings to you: There's an idea present in your article that seems to suggest that the New Covenant is something to still be hoped for. There are aspects of It that still have yet to be fulfilled, such as the Second Coming, but one clear fact is that the Kingdom has already come and is here now. The Church is the Kingdom, because where the King is, there is the Kingdom. And Jesus Reigns in the Eucharist, and we who are Baptized into His Body and Receive His Body, are One with the King, and therefore we are the Kingdom. Interestingly, this confirms the Mystical Jewish idea that the Messianic Age has already begun, and the Messiah Reigns in a Hidden Way presently, soon to come in clear, visible Glory. Also, Pope Benedict XVI continually teaches that the Maranatha has more to do with the Eucharistic Coming, the continual Presence, of Jesus, coming to us at the Consecration at every Holy Mass. Maranatha is firstly a perpetual longing to continue to adore and to actually consume and be consumed by/into God, and secondly a deep longing for His Second Coming and the Resurrection of the Dead. "Parousia" has been commonly associated with the Second Coming, but It has more to do with the idea of "the Presence", according to the Greek usage of the word in St. Paul's day, according to the Catholic Church, and according to the Jewish Roots of the Faith, especially in regards to the Shekinah.This being said, I cannot help but say once again that you have a greatttt site. I love it. I remember studying one of your Seminars on Salvation History and being totally amazed at the parallels in the Zohar with the Catholic Truth of the Holy Trinity. Now everytime I read the Old Testament, I try to remind myself to try to figure out which Person of the Blessed Trinity a certain Scripture Passage is refering to.
Ariel
Site Admin
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Re: A comment on an excellent article of yours

Post by Ariel »

Shalom Justin and welcome,
There's an idea present in your article that seems to suggest that the New Covenant is something to still be hoped for.
Actually no, we don't suggest that at all. The New Covenant has certainly come in its fullness and Yeshua does reign in the Eucharist. All we are saying (among other things) is that the fact that the New Covenant has come does not mean that Jewish observance of the Torah must automatically stop, but that these practices can still be valuable and praiseworthy for Jews.

best regards,
Ariel
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis
justin821
Antispam: Eve
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 2

Post by justin821 »

cools! I totally agree with ya then. Like I said, I read it rather quickly, lol, and just wanted to make sure.

God Bless
Athol
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Post by Athol »

However there is more to this than that. In the Our Father we pray 'thy kingdom come' for the last 2,000 years so there is a sense in which some aspect of the Kingdom does not reach its fullness until a future time when the Divine Will shall be done on earth as it is in Heaven. This i suspect has something to do with the concept of manifesting different levels of the kingdom into time and history.
Adore Wisdom