Who could I possibly turn to?

Introduce yourself, let us know who you are, and post any general questions or comments.

Moderator: Moderators

Catholic in Haifa
Antispam: Eve
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 2

Who could I possibly turn to?

Post by Catholic in Haifa »

Hello folks,

I'm trying to put feelers out and about to see where I may get assistance and help with the support and funding desperately needed for the Christian Arab school in downtown Haifa city where I live.

I have a more in-depth letter that I can send to you individually upon request.

I'm not here for personal reasons, I am simply a young 36 year old catholic that does not know where to turn to. I have been living in Israel for close on 15 years now, and only recently have I received the Calling to sow my ways and prepare for God's harvest..... unfortunately, I am not a very deeply religious man, but I do feel that I can contribute to the needs of the 1200 children that attend this school with barely any support or funding and therefore almost no potential assistance or promise of a brighter future for the kids that attend.

If anybody has some words of wisdom to offer and could connect me with the right business entrepreneurs, I believe we could finally provide this very weak community with a chance to overcome their current obstacles.

Thank you for your time and prayers..... I feel that this calling currently is a bit big for me to deal with on my own.

+ God Bless +
Tyrone Plint
Haifa, Israel
Ariel
Site Admin
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Re: Who could I possibly turn to?

Post by Ariel »

shalom Tyrone,

we would like to help but unfortunately we don't even have enough money to keep ourselves running.
Why don't you speak to the Patriarchate? They are usually the ones responsible for Christian education.
http://www.lpj.org/

Or you may want to try the Hebrew-Catholic Vicariate, though I doubt they have much money there either.
http://www.catholic.co.il/

Best of luck and God's blessing to you,
Ariel
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis