Introduce yourself, let us know who you are, and post any general questions or comments.

Moderator: Moderators

KathleenG
Antispam: Eve
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 2

Post by KathleenG »

Hello Everyone!

I heard from Ariel with Catholics for Israel awhile back and also shared with him some of my experiences with Hebrew Catholics, of which I am an associate.

Besides drawing on traditional Catholic family culture -- of Italy as I grew up in an immigrant Italian neighborhood and worked with Southern Italian Catholic priests, I also am very drawn to Jewish people, and the Jewish roots of my own Catholic faith. I have worked with a number of Jewish clients in our part of town.

At present, I am sharing in the discussions with a Jewish man who is saying that we promote Replacement Theology vs. Dual Covenant Theory, of which I intend to study more on this website. But the Holy Spirit is drawing me to draw more deeply into my Jewish roots, and it is wonderful to be with Catholics who are of the same, whether they are Hebrew Catholic or Gentile Catholic...if that is the right term...

Also, I am still hoping some day we will have a Gentile Havurot here in town to pray for the 'epicenter of all salvation'-- Israel and the peoples of the Middle East and the world, and to draw more deeply into the Word of God to love the Lord with all my strength, to make amends to Him, to help my grown children who are tossed about by an intensely surrounding secular and profane culture. God bless you all!
ManuelSiva

Re: New Member

Post by ManuelSiva »

Hello :P I'm new here too!

I am with agreement with what you say! I'm also catholic from family in Portugal! They would always respond that Israel was punished by G-d and gave a sense that Jews are in the wrong! I found this hard to believe!

:?: I think an answer to your Replacement Theology vs. Dual Covenant Theory thing is the passage from Paul's writing of the olive branch that grafts to the main olive tree. Maybe?

Cumprimentos,
Manuel Silva ...I spelt my user name worng :?
Athol
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Post by Athol »

Welcome to you both and thank you for your interest in this site and its apostolate. You might be interested in a conference that happened recently in Finland.

see

http://aronbengilad.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... rence.html
Adore Wisdom
rcbako

Post by rcbako »

I am also new here but I had many conversations with people who are Catholics in Israel. I am still searching for more acquaintances. I believe this will help me broaden my knowledge.
SarahMiriam

Post by SarahMiriam »

Hey All!

For the meantime I would just like to introduce myself.
My name is Sarah, and I am absolutely in love with Yeshua, our Messiah, and his ancient, chosen people. I am Catholic, with some Jewish heritage, and love all the efforts to bridge the Church and Israel. This website, other efforts and those behind them are truly a blessing for those searching, so thankyou thankyou thankyou.

God willing I will be back in Israel again in the near future, and will be able to meet some of those of the Hebrew-speaking Catholic communities.

Baruch Haba B'shem Adonai!
To-dah

~Sarah
Ariel
Site Admin

Post by Ariel »

Shalom Sarah, and welcome to the Catholics for Israel website and forum.

If you are on Facebook or Twitter, you are welcome to join/follow us there too for daily updates and news on topics pertaining to our mission.

Happy networking and with blessings from Jerusalem!

Ariel
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis
Athol

Post by Athol »

Hi Sarah, Welcome to the forum. I am now back in Australia but I miss Jerusalem all the time.
Adore Wisdom