Boycott Israel!

Current issues in Israel and in the Middle East.

Moderator: Moderators

Ariel
Site Admin
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Boycott Israel!

Post by Ariel »

Here is a rather amusing satirical video that someone sent me.
If you are ever tempted to boycott Israel, you better be ready to change your lifestyle. :)
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbIQto3KPUM&eurl
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis
Hadassah

Re: Boycott Israel!

Post by Hadassah »

I didn't find it all that amusing.
Hadassah

Post by Hadassah »

Hello All:

I wanted to explain publicly why I didn't find this video all that amusing. It is CERTAINLY NOT because I support the Arab League boycott against Israel. I do not. Neither do I support actions against any particular individual, company, or countries which are based solely in hatred or based in religious, racial, or other types of similar discrimmination. I could go into a long explanation about my thinking on the type of discourse the video employs, which is essentially what I find distasteful about it. And I could explain that at least, even if unjust, a boycott is a peaceful means of demonstration as opposed to other means that some who oppose Israel might choose. But I think that I'll just say this...

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good, and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what recompense will you have? Do not the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brothers only, what is unusual about that? Do not the pagans do the same? So be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:43ff)

I simply don't find this video in keeping with the spirit of these commands of Our Lord.

Many Blessings,
Hadassah
Ariel
Site Admin

Post by Ariel »

fair enough Hadassah.

It's definitely satirical and probably not to everyone's taste. Still, I don't think it does any demonization but merely points out the ridiculous aspect of the demonization of Israel while closing a blind eye to people who are much more dangerous.
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis
Athol

Post by Athol »

Well i think some people need to get a sense of humour- I am tired of the humourless PC people.
Adore Wisdom
Hadassah

Post by Hadassah »

And I suppose some people need to get a sense of respect for other people's opinions.