Research about the 'historical Jesus' and the origin of Chri

Introduce yourself, let us know who you are, and post any general questions or comments.

Moderator: Moderators

Cherie

The Historical Jesus

Post by Cherie »

Hi there! As I can understand after having read your article, there are 2 'Messiahs'. One who is false + One who is the True Messiah. Jesus is false, + Paul fabricated the whole story? Sorry if I sound stupid, but I am not Jewish. I have a Messianic Jewish internet friend, who is not too crazy about us Catholics, but she hasn't told me anything like that yet. It seems to me, that Jews who accept Yeshua as the Christ are as divided as the rest of us. It's very sad, because the Body of Christ should be one, as Yeshua + His Father are One. Was that the True Messiah who prayed that prayer? I'm very confused now! Help someone!!! God bless you! Cherie
Ariel
Site Admin
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Post by Ariel »

I think Anders' post is meant to be confusing Cherie. I wouldn't let it trouble you, I'm not sure what he's saying either. He doesn't seem to be here for a dialogue but rather for preaching strange views.
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis
Fidesetratio

Re: Research about the 'historical Jesus' and the origin of

Post by Fidesetratio »

andersbranderud wrote:
The research of world-recognized authorities in this area implies that Ribi Yehoshua was a Pharisee (a Torah-practising Jewish group - who according to 4Q MMT practised both written and oral Torah). As the earliest church historians, most eminent modern university historians, our web site and our Khavruta (Distance Learning) texts confirm, the original teachings of Ribi Yehoshua were not only accepted by most of the Pharisaic Jewish community, he had hoards of Jewish students.
Id like to know who are these "world-recognized" authorites???
Also where they draw their version of historical analysis should be interesting too (or maybe not...)

I think the purpose of the OP was to try & educate us "lost Catholics" to the "true" Yeshua, sigh.... :roll:
Peace,
Rob
Ariel
Site Admin
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Post by Ariel »

yes Rob, good question about these "authorities". Anders' post has been removed.
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis