I Wanted to introduce myself.

Introduce yourself, let us know who you are, and post any general questions or comments.

Moderator: Moderators

Chad28
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

I Wanted to introduce myself.

Post by Chad28 »

I just wanted to take the time to say hi, and as you probably know I am new on this forum. I found this website through http://hebrewcatholic.org/

A little about myself, I was raised Catholic and baptized Catholic. The only contact that I have had with Jewish culture and faith is through family talks about my great grandmother. She was a German Jew who married a German and eventually immigrated to the United States. Her Family is from Israel. Her maiden name was Amos. Supposedly there is still family out there in Germany, I don't know much more than that. I have photos and etc.

Anyway, that's not the reason why I took interest in this site, but rather because I have a real desire to learn about the Jewish roots of my Catholic faith. To understand the Old Testament in the Jewish light, but also in accord with the Church. To learn about culture, faith, and tradition in order that my faith and tradition may become even more rich in meaning.

The other reason I was attracted to this site is it's fidelity to the Catholic Church. It's hard to learn about the Jewish faith out in the real world or on the net because there is so many variations and you never know what your reading or hearing is true or not. Plus, I am ignorant as far as the tenets of the Jewish faith and it would be easy to persuade me and lead me to error on part of the Jewish faith to some degree.

I hope that by being a part of this community. I may come to a better understanding of the Jewish faith and tradition and that it may enrich my faith. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community.

May God bless this community and Israel,
Chad
Preach the gospel always. If necessary, use words. -St. Francis
Ariel
Site Admin
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Welcome!

Post by Ariel »

hi Chad,

Welcome to Catholics for Israel. It's a pleasure to hear about you. We hope that the resources on our site will help you to come a greater understanding and love of Israel, of their and our Messiah, and of the Church. As you can see our discussion forums are still rather quiet since the website is still quite new, but you are welcome to add some contributions and to invite others to participate. With blessings from Jerusalem,
Ariel
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis