Will Israel Take Me?

Introduce yourself, let us know who you are, and post any general questions or comments.

Moderator: Moderators

murraym
Antispam: Eve
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 2

Will Israel Take Me?

Post by murraym »

I was raised catholic-my father -a 1st generation Jewish Physician signed a piece of paper stating that I was to be raised Catholic-in order to marry my mom -so here is the question-As I understand it-since I am descended from Orthodox Jewish Grandparents-who did not say the prayers for the dead when they found out that my dad married my mom. I understand that The Law of Return was amended and that I have an eligibility to go-do I have to renounce my Savior in order to do so? Or do I lie and pretend to convert which I doubt I can do? I converted to no religion-I have always been a Catholic-so why can't I make the Aliyah?
Ariel
Site Admin
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Re: Will Israel Take Me?

Post by Ariel »

shalom murraym and welcome,

this is a very tough question that many believers have faced as they tried to do aliyah. I think the first priority to remember is what Jesus said about those who deny Him on earth... this can hardly be ignored. On the other hand, this is very difficult for those believing Jews who wish to live in the land of their ancestors. Many have succeeded, but not without difficulties.

Suggestions anyone else?
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis
murraym

Post by murraym »

I can not deny Jesus as the One-anymore than I can deny being my father's son-and being raised the way that he promised -it was in large part my Jewish father who brought me to Jesus. I have relatives in Israel-one survivor of the Holocaust and his descendants-so the question stands.
Glory71

Post by Glory71 »

Greetings to everyone and hello to Ariel, Mikemac, and Hadassah. And peace be with you murraym.

murraym, I think the first thing you should do is to check with the nearest Israeli Consulate to explore all available options for your return.

Now if your underlying concern(s) are discrimination or maybe even persecution or rejection. I am sure you know that you should not loose heart over such things for it's a given. It exist everywhere.

This should give you comfort...Israel has allowed few non-Jews to immigrate, mainly from Sudan, Vietnam and Albania. And since Israel is a democratic country and there are people of all faiths living there (although I am not sure if they are all citizens), most certainly they would allow someone like you who have roots in the Holy Land permanent residence.

good luck and God bless!
Ariel
Site Admin

Post by Ariel »

Glory - your suggestion is optimistic, but it seems to me a little too close to wishful thinking.

On what basis are you making this suggestion? How aware are you of the reality of immigration in Israel for believers?
Things have gotten considerably more difficult in the last years for believers to immigrate.

Murraym, without explicitly denying your faith I would certainly suggest you keep it as low-key as possible, for if the wrong authorities find out they could completely wreck your chances of doing aliyah, of acquiring residence, and in some cases even of entering the country. There have been several cases in the last few years of people turned away at the airport and put on the next plane back home.

so yes, God can open the door, but you must also be extremely prudent and discrete about your faith.

Ariel
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world” C.S. Lewis
K.jerome

Post by K.jerome »

Hi,

If I have not mistaken, if some one can proof that he/she is of Jewish origin then what is told in Deuteronomy 30:3-5 and Ezekiel 36:24 may justify him/her to go back to Israel. I think being a Jewish Christian does not in any way disqualify someone to go back to Israel-the underlining fator here is that the ancestry should be of Jewish origin. Kindly correct me if I am wrong. I also think Jewish Christians should make all out effort to go back to Israel and tell ou Jewish friends that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever more.

In God we trust.

(K.Jerome)
Ariel
Site Admin

Post by Ariel »

Hi K.Jerome,

In an ideal world... yes you are right.

Unfortunately, the Israeli Ministry of Interior would not agree with you. If they find out that a Jew believes in Jesus, that would pretty much close the door to that person making aliyah...

Ariel
K.jerome

Post by K.jerome »

Hi,
It is learnt that the number of people in Israel who believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah is increasing rapidly and thing may not be that difficult in the immediate future. I was told thatI have heard that the present ambassador of Israel to Myanmar/Burma ( Mr Yaron) got recently converted to Christianity and if someone can contact him, he may be in a position to help Jewish Christians to enter Israel. Meanwhile we will pray that the Almighty God may open the way for all our Jewish Christian friends to enter Israel.

In God we trust.

(K.jerome)
Ariel
Site Admin

Post by Ariel »

Interesting, I've never heard of that... thanks for sharing K.Jerome!