New Here -- Lost Tribes and the Church

Introduce yourself, let us know who you are, and post any general questions or comments.

Moderator: Moderators

surfnetter
Antispam: Eve
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 2

New Here -- Lost Tribes and the Church

Post by surfnetter »

I am new here -- I am Roman Catholic, non-Jewish but have an intense interest in the Hebrew basis of Scripture. I have written a book on a new approach to the problem of the Lost Tribes, and wonder how the subject is being handled here. There does not seem to be much knowledge among Catholic scholars on the subject. I had email correspondence with Catholic author and theologian Dr. Warren H. Carroll and he looked at my book
http://www.surfnetter.com/blog/?p=42 and sent these words of encouragement:
You are right that the covenant applies to these people just as much as to the two tribes in the Kingdom of Judah. God wants all of the Jews, of any tribe, to be members of the New Covenant, the Catholic Church. Anything you can do to help Jews see that they are called to the New Covenant is important work and I encourage you to continue it.

God bless you.
I want to get more involved in this work.

Thank you.
Athol
Please enter the fourth number in the list (eight): 0

Re: New Here -- Lost Tribes and the Church

Post by Athol »

Well i am a Jew and a Roman Catholic and i also believe that the bulk of the Western European people are from the Lost Israelites. I would be very interested in your book.
Adore Wisdom
surfnetter

Post by surfnetter »

Athol wrote:Well i am a Jew and a Roman Catholic and i also believe that the bulk of the Western European people are from the Lost Israelites. I would be very interested in your book.
The fact is that the ancient Orthodox rabbis Maimonides and Nachmonides both believed that some of the Lost Tribes were among the Celts in Gaul (France) around the 12th Century CE and were Israelites but not Jews. Many Orthodox Jews protested the calling of the new 20th Century nation "Israel" because the Jews and the Israelites are two different Houses of Abraham's Children.

Basically what I say in the book is that the Ten Tribes -- including the birthright Tribes of Joseph (Ephraim and Manasseh) -- being "lost" among the Gentiles is the very geopolitical impetus that brought the Son of God to Earth. He came to "... save that which was lost." He sent his disciples out into the world to find them, saving "all who believed" as a side benefit -- God "having found the treasure hidden in a field, hid it again, sold everything he had and bought the whole field for joy." The "treasure" was the Birthright Children who began to return like the Prodigal Son as Paul was preaching to the Gentiles -- much of Asia Minor had been populated with Celts -- Galatia (Gaulatia) in particular. It was then that Peter had his vision -- the angel proclaiming that he should not call unclean what God has declared blessed -- and he believed and went into the Gentile Cornelius' house where all received the Spirit as a testament to what the angel had spoken.

Everyone who will be saved, according the last chapter of the last book of the Bible, is included in one of the Twelve Tribes. The Gospel is a completely Hebrew story, from beginning to end.
Athol

Post by Athol »

i have just ordered your book from amazon. i look forward to reading it.
Adore Wisdom
surfnetter

Post by surfnetter »

Athol wrote:i have just ordered your book from amazon. i look forward to reading it.
Thank you so much. I hope you like it.
Athol

Post by Athol »

You might be interested in my two blogs

http://miriamhakedosha.blogspot.com

and

http://aronbengilad.blogspot.com
Adore Wisdom